Sunday, May 25, 2014

An Intentional Break

,,,, And by that I don't mean not posting here!

I am now two weeks into my new job. Things are going well, but boy is it different. The hours are very normal, 9-5:30 to be exact! I'm used to never knowing when I can leave in the evening, so the consistency is nice. Busy season, will mean working a little later, but nothing like the late, late nights at EY. So far, things are pretty quiet at my new office. Its their down time, so very little I'm working on is urgent right now. Because I'm new, I don't have much responsibility yet, so the stress level is pretty low, which I am certainly not complaining about! Everyone is so incredibly nice, but they all tend to keep to themselves. Our whole team sits in offices due to the sensitive nature of working on tax returns, but I think it keeps us from socializing the way we would if we sat in cubicles. I almost miss my cubicle, but not quite!

The great thing about working normal office hours is having more time outside of work. At first I was worried I was going to be bored with not being so busy. The more I think about it, I think its really a gift from God. I am looking forward to having time to pursue things outside of work that I haven't been able to fully devote myself to in the past.  I should be able to focus on finishing projects for the wedding, my weight loss goals, devote more time to Edward, my family and friends, be more involved in our bible study group and be more committed to volunteering with the kid's ministry at church. Most importantly, I'm hoping to be able to find a consistent time to study the Bible and have quiet time regularly. Obviously these are lots of good, important things that I have either not had enough time for or not not made enough time for up until now.

Below is a great passage which talks about what we are to supplement our faith with, much of which I talked about wanting to do. 

2 Peter 1:1-8 (ESV)
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: may grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,  and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Does anyone else have any goals for their free time? Here is to using our time well for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment